What is this?
A script for exporting Adobe Illustrator artwork in the WPF/XAML format. The script is written in C#/.Net 2.0 using the Illustrator CS2 COM Type Library. Although it is treated as a script in Illustrator, it is also a stand-alone application.
Having the script in C#/.Net will make it easier to add support for exporting more Illustrator objects.
Here is the initial blog post
that describes this tool.Usage Instructions
- Download the XamlXporter_Binary.zip file.
- Unzip the contents. Following files are contained in it:
- Run the Exporter.UI.exe
- Start Adobe Illustrator CS2 and load some illustrator artwork
- At this point you can go back to the Exporter and click on button on the toolbar
- Once the operation completes you should see the XAML in the top part of the window and the preview at the bottom.
- The Exporter uses whatever artwork is currently active inside Illusrator. If you have made any changes to it or have switched to a different file, you can click on button to re-export. The XAML and the preview will update accordingly.
---Wiki Markup Guide